Operations Manager- Las Vegas
- - Transportation Management Services
- Las Vegas, NV, USA
- Full Time
Manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set forth in the Operations Plan developed by the Account Manager for the event/show. Ensure safe and efficient operations. Enhance the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company's policies.
- The operations manager also coordinates with the quality assurance personnel to ensure that the goods meet an acceptable standard and generates positive feedback from clients.
- Ensure all the buses and transportation systems run on schedule.
- Knowledgeable about all areas of the event.
- Uphold the client relationship.
- Work closely with account manager and account coordinator on staffing, routes, and vendors.
- Dispatch drivers and organizes breaks and hours.
- Unravel and solve transportation logistics problems.
- Work to train and prepare a team about the project at hand, conduct pre-training meeting and post show reviews.
- Completes the staff list accurately ensuring that the right amount of staff and talent is deployed.
- Direct the activities of on-site and off-site staff and conducts pre-show training.
- Request and measures success on customer survey and post event associate survey.
- The manager ensures that quality equipment is properly procured and within the budget.
- The operational manager needs to ensure that standard procedures are followed when third parties are hired.
- TMS Operation Qualifications.
- Creative and able to take direction.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks and demands.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Capable of solving complex problems.
- Ability to apply TMS methodologies and tools.
- Understand TMS as a part of a bigger picture, including international protocols as it relates to foreign cultures and laws.
- Good written and organizational skills.
Must be able to work well with others, take direction well and at times work through ambiguity. This person will need to be a leader with the ability to influence others and maintain a positive outlook attitude before, during and after an event.
Education/ Training/ Experience:
- College degree.
- Several years of experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience within this industry or one similar.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)