Tournament Bus Services (TBS) Manager, Scheduling
- TMS Global - TBS Doha
- Ad Dawhah, QAT
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Planning & Scheduling, the Manager, Scheduling is to assist in the planning and development of the TBS schedules and operator work run assignments for an efficient output.
- University degree (preferably with a Major in Transport Planning, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, or a related field).
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Preferably 5 years of progressive responsibilities and work-related experience, and any combination of education and training, which provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, combined with demonstrated professional growth and achievement.
- Ideal candidate possesses previous involvement in planning and operating complex projects relative in size and nature to FIFA World Cup™.
- Assist in creating and completing operation schedules based on service specifications: including developing vehicle schedules (headways), performing driver/operator blocking, run-cutting and rostering for work assignment.
- Service planning, scheduling and implementing all bus route service changes. Evaluate, develop and apply.
- Develops and revises bus transit operating schedules according to guidelines and other available schedule data.
- Develops operators work runs in accordance with labour agreements.
- Utilizes computer software to assist in the development of schedules, work runs, vehicle hour, mileage, and patronage statistics.
- Develops and maintains statistical records regarding schedules, personnel requirements, and equipment requirements.
- Prepares, orders, and proofreads schedule materials prior to publication.
- Ensures State rules, regulations and laws relating to the business area operation, labour laws and HSSE regulation.
- Participates in test trips of new or revised transit routes.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Knowledge and experienced usage of Scheduling Software
- Advanced level of MS Office Suite
- Experience in operations service planning, personnel scheduling, and/or workflow or business process administration using related software
- Emphasis on service planning, personnel scheduling, operations dispatching, monitoring and updating workflow patterns or business processes using related software
- Experience working within strict confidentiality and structure associated with governmental organisations
- Experience working independently and within tight timeframes to deliver required outputs
- Manipulate and analyze data using arithmetic formulas and detailed procedures
- Perform basic statistical calculations rapidly and accurately
- Read and understand rules, policies, maps, and schedules
- Preferred experience with Qatar Transport Industry, PSV and contract operations, QTC procedures
- Performs in a highly busy and sometimes stressful environment
- Hardworking and reliable
- Flexible and understanding within a dynamic environment
- Attention to detail is critical
- Delivers on tasks with tight deadlines ensuring high quality.
- The ability to handle and maintain confidentiality and common sense regarding sensitive information
- Ability to produce appropriately focused outputs in a format that can be clearly understood and readily used
- Skills in communication, reporting, presenting, personal planning and time management
- Knowledge of principles and practices of leadership, motivation, team building, management and supervision, coaching and mentoring, people management
- Mowasalat Executive Leadership
- Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy
- FIFA Local Organising Committee
- Ministry of Transport and Communications
- TMS Global Executive Leadership
- TBS Management
- 3 rd party vendors, consultants and contractors as fit