Emergency Management- Operations Support
- - Transportation Management Services
- LA, USA
- Part Time
TMS specializes in evacuation and relief efforts for national emergencies, including hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes.
TMS is looking for Operations Support to assist our TMS Managers if we were to be deployed to an emergency evacuation.
Local to Louisiana is preferred, but not necessary.
· Assist evacuation operations by supporting other TMS Mangers in various locations surrounding the evacuation location
· Dispatch buses at various load zones/staging areas to evacuation areas
· Count and load evacuees onto motor coaches
· Collect daily ridership information using TMS' system
· Answer evacuee questions
· Communicate directions and breaks to drivers
· Keep buses running consistently and on schedule
· Any additional responsibilities as assigned
· Maintains a professional appearance
· Ability to work as a part of a team
· Strong verbal communication skills
· Ability to work long hours while maintain a positive and professional attitude
· Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
· Ability to use a cell phone or two way radio for communication purposes
· Ability to learn how to use TMS' ridership application and tracking system
· Outdoor working environment.
· Includes frequent/constant standing, walking, lifting, pushing and pulling.
· Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, lift or carry.
· Ability to reach above the shoulder.
· Ability to push/ pull passengers in wheelchairs needing assistance.
· Ability to work 12+ hours shifts