TMS Operations Support Services
- - Transportation Management Services
- MD, USA
Transportation Management Services, Inc (TMS) is the world-wide leader for delivery of transportation solution for complex events. The TMS team is rooted in teamwork, comradery, and a work hard, play hard attitude.
TMS has a big footprint with operations and employees across the US; including headquarters in Frederick and Sandy Spring, Maryland.
TMS celebrates knowledge and experience as much as fresh ideas and concepts. Here you will always be encouraged to "Think Outside the Bus".
TMS has a recurring need for qualified temporary employees to assist with large events across the United States. These positions are Part-time Temporary employees.
• Assist TMS managers, supervisors, and other operation support personnel and team members in all aspects of event operations
• Dispatch buses at various load zones/staging areas
• Using a counter, load correct number of passengers on buses
• Collect daily ridership information using TMS system
• Answer passenger questions and concerns in a polite manner
• Communicate directions and breaks to bus drivers
• Keep buses running consistently and on schedule
• Maintain a professional appearance
• Ability to work as part of a team and take direction
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Ability to work long hours while maintaining a positive and professional attitude
• Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Ability to use a cell phone or two-way radio for communication purposes
• Ability to learn how to use TMS ridership application and tracking system
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Includes frequent/constant standing, walking, lifting pushing and pulling.
• Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, lift or carry
• Ability to reach above the shoulder
• Ability to push/pull passengers in wheelchairs needed assistance
• Work twelve (12) hour shifts